Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TIME IS NOT MY FRIEND....

No, I'm not injured, sick or lost...just MIA for a little while. Time is just not my friend this time of year. Mid-October to the end of the year just seems to be sooooo busy for us. I am not going to whine & complain about the things I have had going (because I know there are others just as busy & others with so much more than I have going), I am just going to say it has been very busy.

I appreciate everyone stopping by to check on me, and apologize that I haven't been able to respond sooner, but here I am now.

As I said, this seems to one of my busiest times (but one of my very favorite!!) of the year so I have to prioritize or go crazy (and even then the insanity can creep in ;0) ) I have been stopping by to read & keep up with everyone when I can, but haven't been able to comment or post.

I should go ahead and say that from now until after the end of the year, my posts will most likely be very sporadic. I am hoping I can take a little more time here & there to do a little more posting than I have these last two weeks, but I don't expect anything to slow down anytime soon..

I would share with you what I have been doing for the last 2 weeks, but it all seems a blur right now, so instead I will share a few of things coming up.


Birthday...tomorrow is my hubbies bday. We had a small celebration for him tonight here at home because I will not be home tomorrow night (see below). Just quiet time with the family as he requested.

I will be leaving tomorrow for Branson... a girls weekend that is an annual tradition for me. I go with my mother-in-law, 2 of her sisters, and her best friend. They started going years ago while the husbands were out hunting, when I joined the family I got to start tagging along. Even after my kiddos came, I kept going on the annual trip - my mom or sis kept them when they were younger & now they get to go to deercamp too. I look forward to this trip every year. The shopping is great, and if you need help finding the Christmas Spirit, Branson is the place to visit. The decorations, music, hustle & bustle of shopping will definitely help you realize Christmas is just around the corner!! We'll leave tomorrow afternoon and come home Sunday evening.

Of course, Thanksgiving is next week. Thanksgiving is my 2nd favorite holiday (Christmas is 1st), I look so forward to it each year. I will have to work Monday, Tuesday, and 1/2 day on Wednesday; the kids are out of school Wed. - Fri. I will work a trip to the grocery store in at some point and began cooking at some point too. We spend Thanksgiving day at the deercamp - we have our feast outside & it is wonderful. I will share more of that family tradition next week, and let you know what I am cooking.

Those are just a couple of the things coming up that will keep me busy. Hope everyone is doing well, and thanks again for checking in on me - Life is good around here, just busy.

8 comments:

hsmomma said...

I understand....I am in the same boat!

Melissa Stover said...

jimmy's birthday is tomorrow too!

have fun in branson.

Anonymous said...

Glad all's well. Life is like that... sometimes you can, sometimes you can't, sometimes maybe never, it's just the way it goes, hey! Have the BEST time on the weekend... I SO loved shopping at Christmas in the US all those many moons ago. Will you take photos and post 'em when you can??? Blessings, sweet girl...

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Have a great time in Branson!

April said...

I've been wondering about you! Glad to hear that you're doing alright. Life is busy for all of us this time of year...so, we understand!!

Leigh Ann said...

I totally understand. I feel the exact same way. I hope you have a fantastic time in Branson. I remember you doing this when we were at HH. How fun to have Thanksgiving at deer camp. Can't wait for pictures of that!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

Enjoy your trip! Have fun and try to relax! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! SOunds like you will be busy until January! :) Take care and enjoy! Hope you find lots of good bargains!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

So glad to hear all is well. I missed you. I think we will all soon need to cut back on the blogging so we can get ready for Christmas.
Have a great time shopping.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving.
Lindsay