Monday, November 3, 2008

VOTING, BACHELORETTES, AND OTHER RANDOMNESS

VOTING: Don't forget - Tomorrow is a very important day...please don't forget to exercise one of our greatest rights as Americans and go vote! I voted during the first week of early voting, and it felt good, I am glad I didn't wait! I won't express my political views here, but from reading many of your blogs, I feel confident we are all on the same page when it comes to casting our vote. No matter your stand, the important thing is to VOTE!!

Bachelorettes: For all of you bachelor/bachelorette fans....did you see this news flash today? I am appalled. I do like DeAnna, but she broke Jason's heart, and for what? Oh, well, it is supposed to be just entertainment & we shouldn't get so wrapped up in it, right?

Fall Colors: The trees are changing colors now, it seems all of a sudden. I will try to get some pictures soon - not something I am good at doing, but I will try. I have seen some beautiful colors, and would love to see what fall looks like where those of you from other states (or countries) are...

Halloween: We survived Halloween. My children actually went to the "country" to my parents and they did trick-or-treat at some relatives houses down there. I stayed here and greeted the trick-or-treaters. I did have a lot of them, but it was a rather quiet night, nothing out of the ordinary, and mostly polite children who actually said "trick or treat" and also "thank you"! It does the heart good to see the politeness...

Deer Hunting: It was youth hunt weekend in Arkansas. That means hunting was open all over the state to youth hunters (those under 16). That is the main reason my kids & husband went to my parents house for the weekend. My brother & his oldest daughter, my sister & her husband & their kids were there too. Only my oldest nephew got a deer, but they all had a good time at grandma & grandpa's house.

Old Friends: I stayed behind for the weekend to meet up for a girls weekend with some old friends. We met up on Saturday at one of the girl's houses in the town just to the north of me. We spent the day walking thru the lovely downtown exploring antique shops, sharing a cup of coffee, and then to one of the local malls for some more shopping. We also went to dinner, and then back to our friend's house were we spent the night. We did lots of looking at old photos, school yearbooks, and just talking about old times. And yes, my friends, we did share a margarita or two. It was a very relaxing & refreshing time for us.

That's the updates from this end of the blog world. What's been up with all of you?

Hope everyone is having a good week...

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!


11 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

OMG!!!!Say is isn't so!!!

I'm so sad. Thanks for the fyi.
When is the next one?

Anonymous said...

Your girl's weekend sounded just perfect! Glad you had a good time. Don't you just NEED it now and again!!!

There is so much on tv over here about the US election. My goodness! Hope all goes well there...

a boy a girl and a pug said...

I know can you believe it! And just when I got use to the idea of Jesse. I'd love to hear her reasons.

Yeah for election day!

April said...

Wow! You have had a lot going on!

I cannot believe that DeAnna dumped Jesse!! What is wrong with that girl? He loved her so much and now she just up and broke his heart! Shame on her!!!!!

I got tickled about you mentioning the youth hunt in Arkansas. I remember that so well from when I was in school! I had bunches of friends who never missed it!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your girls weekend sounded fun. I like the sound of wandering round the antique shops and stopping off for a coffee! Can I come next time?
We are thinking of your country today.
Great to catch up with your news.
Lindsay

Leigh Ann said...

Derek actually was the one who told me about DeAnna and Jesse. That makes me laugh that he even knew who they were.

I'm so glad you had a good girls' time. Doesn't it do a Mommy good?!

Anonymous said...

Just saying 'hello' on this quiet Sunday evening... Hope you're having relaxing weekend. God Bless! x

Aubs said...

Just wanted to write and tell you i'm thinkin' of ya! I miss your posts and hope and pray that all is well!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Helloooooooooooo! Thinking of you, and hoping all is weel with you and your crew. Blessing, Naomi x

Anonymous said...

Oh, look, just so I can get my photo on your comments page a fourth time - who's counting!!! - I just wish I would check my little notes BEFORE I hit the 'publish' button, so I can avoid embarrassing myself with my bad typing skills... "well" instead of "weel"... mmmm... It IS rather late over here, so perhaps I should toodle off and give the brain & eyes a rest... Night night.

Lindsay-ann said...

Just stopped by to say "Hi" and "I miss you" - hope everything is ok.
Lindsay