Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Birthday...tomorrow is my hubbies bday. We had a small celebration for him tonight here at home because I will not be home tomorrow night (see below). Just quiet time with the family as he requested.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Bachelorettes: For all of you bachelor/bachelorette fans....did you see this news flash today? I am appalled. I do like DeAnna, but she broke Jason's heart, and for what? Oh, well, it is supposed to be just entertainment & we shouldn't get so wrapped up in it, right?
Fall Colors: The trees are changing colors now, it seems all of a sudden. I will try to get some pictures soon - not something I am good at doing, but I will try. I have seen some beautiful colors, and would love to see what fall looks like where those of you from other states (or countries) are...
Halloween: We survived Halloween. My children actually went to the "country" to my parents and they did trick-or-treat at some relatives houses down there. I stayed here and greeted the trick-or-treaters. I did have a lot of them, but it was a rather quiet night, nothing out of the ordinary, and mostly polite children who actually said "trick or treat" and also "thank you"! It does the heart good to see the politeness...
Deer Hunting: It was youth hunt weekend in Arkansas. That means hunting was open all over the state to youth hunters (those under 16). That is the main reason my kids & husband went to my parents house for the weekend. My brother & his oldest daughter, my sister & her husband & their kids were there too. Only my oldest nephew got a deer, but they all had a good time at grandma & grandpa's house.
Old Friends: I stayed behind for the weekend to meet up for a girls weekend with some old friends. We met up on Saturday at one of the girl's houses in the town just to the north of me. We spent the day walking thru the lovely downtown exploring antique shops, sharing a cup of coffee, and then to one of the local malls for some more shopping. We also went to dinner, and then back to our friend's house were we spent the night. We did lots of looking at old photos, school yearbooks, and just talking about old times. And yes, my friends, we did share a margarita or two. It was a very relaxing & refreshing time for us.
That's the updates from this end of the blog world. What's been up with all of you?
Hope everyone is having a good week...
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I would throw out some updates on the happenings around here, but I'm not sure I remember where I left off. So, here are just a few of things that have been keeping us busy:
Boy Scout hike/campout/meetings
I'm sure there are lots of things I am forgetting, but you get the idea. My kids may be older & not as "needy" when it comes to the everyday things, but now there are other needs which requires me to be the taxi driver - some days I think I meet myself coming and going! I barely get home from work, just to turn around to take someone somewhere. But, enough of the whining & complaining, that's just the way it is around here, busy all the time.
I do like blogging and love reading and keeping up with all of you through your blogs. The rest of this week and next week appears to be a little less packed with activity, so my goal is to get back to the blog world.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Here are the rules...You need to list six things that make you happy, and pass this award on to six creative bloggers.
Six Things That Make Me Happy:
1. My family - I know this is a given, but it's true.
2. Lemon Heads - I love everything about them from the fun blue & yellow box to the tart yet sweet taste - love, love, love them & if I am down they will make me smile!
3. Being at my parent's house - there's just nothing like being at mom & dad's. (my kid's love it there too, & of course that is icing on the cake)
4. Home made ice cream - memories of my grandparents:)
5. Sweet Tea (with real sugar) - does it get any more southern.
6. A beautiful, crisp fall day with nothing to do, but be lazy!
Now, to pass it on. I know have passed awards on to most of you who follow me & as I still have many followers, or know very many bloggers yet, I am limited on who to pass it on to. All of the blogs I read are very creative & I love them all. But here goes....(and forgive me if you have already received this award, it must mean you are super creative!)
1. Heidi at The Zawisza Tribune - I so love everything about your blog, you have made me laugh so much and spread so much go with your wonderful stories - and not to mention the fact that your kids are gorgeous & you take the best photos of them to share!
2. Michelle at Love you a Google - I love getting to know your family through your blog; I love the fact that we seem to be in so many of the same places & feel certain we will meet someday. Thank you for sharing with us.
3. Angie at Life from the "zoo' - Love, love, love your blog. I may not know you in person, but it is evident you are a wonderful mom & great person.
4. Lindsay-ann at The Cross-Stitch House - From your lovely crafts to the beautiful walks you share with us, your blog makes me feel as if I have a friend in a far away place to visit each day!
5. Chickadee at A Familiar Path - We've been friends in real life since childhood & probably know too many secrets about each other (that is if we can still remember them). You're the reason I started blogging - even though I held out for a while - I love it & thank you for pulling me in.
6. ScrapperMom at My Yesterdays, Todays, and Tomorrows - Another real life friend since childhood, and another reason I started blogging. Love seeing your scrap booking & I do want that lesson some day!
Thanks to all of you for sharing with me each day - don't forget to pass the award on, if you haven't already!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
1. I have hurt one of my hands and although it is usable, I do have a brace on it & that makes typing a little difficult - so the disclaimer is to any spelling errors/typos. I will blame them this time on my injury. (no it's not serious, just a strained flexor tendon in my middle finger down into my hand, a little painful, but I will live - did it doing laundry.)
2. The awards. This disclaimer is in case I give one to someone who just received one. As I am behind in the blog world it has been hard to keep up with who has received one recently, and also I still do not know many bloggers so my list to send to is limited.
Now here we go.
The first award I received was from my friend Lindsay-ann. It is/was my first every bloggy award, and I appreciate it so much. It has been so much fun meeting new people and reconnecting with some I already knew.
Now, before passing this award along, I have to give one word answers to these questions with no explanation. Then I get to tag five other bloggers with the award. So, here goes:
1.Where is your cell phone? table
2.Where is your significant other? outside
3.Your hair color? brown
4.Your mother? friendly
5.Your father? hardworker
6.Your favorite thing? family
7.Your dream last night? crazy
8.Your dream/goal? happiness
9.The room you're in? family
10.Your hobby? writing
11.Your fear? spiders
12.Where do you want to be in 6 years? happy
13.Where were you last night? bed
14.What you're not? complacent
15.One of your wish-list items? house
16.Where you grew up? Arkansas
17.The last thing you did? laundry
18.What are you wearing? jammies
19.Your TV? on
20.Your pet? none
21.Your Computer? laptop
22.Your mood? busy
23.Missing Someone? no
24.Your car? durango
25.Something you're not wearing? shoes
26.Favorite Store? Kohl's
27.Your summer? fun
28.Love someone? yes
29.Your favorite color? green
30.When is the last time you laughed? Today
31.Last time you cried? yesterday
Like Lindsay-Ann, it was hard for me to decide who to pass this on too, and I would love to pass it back to her because I do love her blog as well as many ohers. But here are my 5 picks (and please forgive me if you've already been tagged, but I do love your blogs).....
AWARD # 2:
The next award was from my friend Angie, and I have also recieved it from Heidi! Again, I am so appreciative of this award - it is so nice. I feel so honored to have met some wonderful new friends here in the blog world.
The rules of this award are to pass it along to five other bloggers. Four of the recipients should be dedicated followers of your blog and one should be a "newbie" if at all possible. So, here goes.....
1. Leigh Ann - I consider her my friend in "real" life too. I love her and her family so much and am so happy I can now follow them (and that she follows me) here in the blog world!
2. Naomi - I think she may have already recieved this award, but I need her to have it again. I so love reading her blog, but as much as I love that, I also love the comments she so graciously leaves for me.
3. Lindsay-Ann - Again, I think she may have already received this, but I have to pass it to her. Thank you so much for following me, and I so love the strolls through your beautiful land!
4. Aubs - one of my first readers. I am so happy to have met her and get know her through her blog, and love the sweet, friendly comments she leaves for me.
5. Michelle - she is from my neck of the woods. Another new friend I am happy to have found.
So, there you go, both awards passed on to those who deserve them. But please understand, I love all the blogs I read, and I consider you all my friend.
Now, I am off to try to figure out putting these lovely awards on my side bar - wish me luck (as I don't seem to have much this week)
Have a great night!