Sunday, September 7, 2008

WEEKEND RAMBLINGS

It was a rather quiet weekend for us. I just thought I would share a few random things with you today.


TROMBONE:
Long story short, after much research and many conversations, we went with the rental option on the trombone. Here is a picture of Travis w/the instrument. He did not want to pose for me, so it is a silly pose. (if you are lost as to why he has a trombone, see my 2 previous posts for further information)

LONG LOST FRIEND:

I got to go to lunch with an old friend on Saturday. We haven't seen each other in 7 years. She is a friend that went to school with me through many elementary & jr. high years. She had to move away right before 10th grade and we didn't get to graduate together. We have kept in touch off & on over the years, seeing each other several times in college and even after we were both married. We unfortunately lost touch and as I said haven't seen each other in 7 yrs. We were able to reconnect through FACEBOOK. We now live only around 20 miles from each other. We had a great lunch, it was so much fun to visit, reminisce and catch up with each other again. I am vowing that we won't lose touch again. She is the kind of friend it just feels good to be with, and I am so happy to have her in my life again. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and did not get pictures this time, but I will next time.

LAZY DAY:

For the most part Saturday was just a lazy day. While I was at lunch, hubby & Flicka stayed around the house just hanging out. Travis spent the night w/one of his buddies Friday night, and was gone most of the day Saturday. Hubby worked out in the yard, and Flicka just lazed inside mostly. Of course we were all home & inside in time to catch the Razorback game - we just listened on the radio.

LUMBERJACKS:

I did have a few lumberjacks around the house this weekend. Last week when we had all of the wind and rain hitting us from the remnants of Gustav, it got one of our trees. The top of a little pine tree in the back yard came down and hit the backside of the house, luckily it was small & didn't cause any damage. Even though it was a smaller tree, it was leaning toward the house and we decided the rest of it must go sooner than later (we weren't too sad, as we were not fans of this tree and have been thinking of getting rid of it). Fortunately, Hunter is rather handy and could take care of it himself instead of hiring someone to come in & cut it (Though had it been a bigger tree, I would have insisted we get professionals to take care of it). He recruited Travis & one of the neighbors to help out. He looped a rope around the tree & the boys were supposed to pull on it to help it fall in the right direction - they thought this was cool. All went according to plan - the tree fell the right direction, no one was hurt and no property damage.

That's about it for our weekend. Hope all of you had a good weekend too.


6 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

that's so neat that you and laura were able to get together.

Leigh Ann said...

T looks very happy with his trombone choice. This whole thing cracks me up. I can't wait to hear about his practicing. I can SO remember being back there and wanting to be in the band in seventh grade!

We had a ton of branches in our yard from all the rain and wind. At least Gustav helped you get rid of that tree you weren't too excited about. It also forced the house across the street to get rid of a dead tree in their front yard. I was glad to see it go.

I think you always know it is a true friend when you can get back together and you just pick up where you left off and you just feel good being around them. I'm glad you and your friend got back in touch!

Heidi Zawisza said...

I love lazy weekends!! I wish we had one here.....maybe next!!

April said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. That's a cute picture of your son with his trombone. I wish him well with band How wonderful it is that you got to have lunch with one of your close friends! That's even better that she lives only 20 miles away from you. Hopefully, you'll be able to get together more often now. Good and lasting friendships are sometimes are to find, so cherish every moment.

Lindsay-ann said...

It was great to catch up with your news. It looks like your son and his trombone are getting along just fine! It was lovely to hear you and your school friend are back in touch. Those friendships are so precious.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Oh, Travis looks great with that instrument, even when he's horsing around. I'm glad you weren't totally inundated by "Gus" - a yard clean up is always good for the soul, I reckon. Well, I'm off to work now, to pick up some more ghastly "kid germs" to share with my Sons - poor babies are sick with fevers etc... lucky they got Daddy to hug...