Tuesday, October 7, 2008

GREAT DAY!

First let me say thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, I appreciate them all!

I had a great day! The family - my kids & husband - gave me gifts last night. We decided it best to scale back this year, but I did get a few things I wanted & love. They gave me a Razorback cover for the trailer hitch on my vehicle - I love it. Okay, now this may sound crazy to you, but it was perfect for me - they gave me a jar of Calamata olives. I know, it seems absurd, but I love olives, especially Calamata olives; however, I would never pay the price for these so it was a perfect gift for me. Of course we also went out to eat on Saturday. They gave me cards and were extremely nice to me - the kids did not fight today, a perfect gift! I have felt pampered in many ways from them over the weekend and especially today.

A co-worker friend gave me a cake (german chocolate) and wonderful candle & room spray - cinnamon cider scent, they are awesome! Also, I went to lunch with several co-workers and they bought my lunch. They helped make my day wonderful.

Of course, I recieved many cards in the mail from family and friends. Also, many phone calls - my mom, sister & nephew called. My mom & dad gave me cash (also from my grandma); my sister has my gift and I will see her this weekend.

Tonight we went to dinner at my in-laws. Wonderful! We had pulled pork sandwiches (smoked by father-in-law) and then I had my Kahlua cake - it was awesome (basically it is a chocolate cake flavored with Kahlua liquer - yummy) My present from them each year is a trip to Branson. I go each year w/my mother-in-law, her sisters and neice, and several other ladies, and my in-laws pay for my trip. We have a great weekend of shopping and having fun with no kids and no husbands - I look forward to this present each year; we will go in November.

So, thanks to my family and many friends (including all of you) I had a great day!



6 comments:

a boy a girl and a pug said...

I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a blast and what a fun tradition that you all go to Branson. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I'm so glad you've had a wonderful day and been treated to all things nice by your family and friends. I hope and pray the year ahead will be filled with God's blessings. I like the sound of your Kalua cake - mmmmmmmm! I hope the birthday celebrations are continuing on through the week for you...

April said...

So glad you had such a great birthday!! Would you believe that, even though we live in GA., I also have a Razorback trailer hitch cover? No Georgia Bulldogs for me!!! My blood runs Razorback red! :)

You know, I've never been to Branson, but I've heard it's a lot of fun! I imagine it's a lot like Gatlinburg, TN. Getting to go with no kids or hubbies in tow...you are one lucky girl!!! Enjoy it to the fullest!!

Lindsay-ann said...

You sound to have had great birthday with lots of lovely presents. The cake sounds delicious. Your trip to Branson sounds great and you still have it to look forward to. I am pleased you enjoyed your special day.
Lindsay

Leigh Ann said...

I can't believe I'm just now reading this and discovering you birthday has passed. I'm so sorry I missed wishing you Happy Birthday on your actual birthday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY a little late. You deserve all the niceness that comes your way. You are one of the nicest people I have ever met! That trip to Branson sounds fantastic, and it sounds like you have some great in-laws!

Anonymous said...

Hi lovely girl! Can you email me as I've been wanting to send you a special birthday wish? My email is naomi1970@dodo.com.au. Enjoy your weekend. Blessings. Naomi xoxoxo