Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED

I heard this song on the way to work this morning. It really made an impact on me today.

Yesterday, for some crazy unexplained reason, I was really having a bad day. Simply put, I was in a bad mood. I did not have a real reason for my bad mood - I did have some work issues to deal with, but nothing really extreme. My day yesterday started out fine, no morning hassles when I got the kids up for school - they got up and were dressed on time with no problems, basically it was an easy morning. So, I don't know what happened to put me in my gloomy state, but there I was in a foggy gloom and it lasted all day.

So, when I heard this song this morning, it made me really evaluate things. I could have very easily slipped right back into the same state of mind that I had yesterday and again there was no apparent reason for this state of mind that kept creeping in. I love Martina McBride, not only can she sing and sing extremely well, she sings many songs with so much meaning, including this one. As I listened, I began to think about how I am blessed, and slowly I realized I was the only one with the power to change my attitude/outlook.

And so as I trudged through the day today, each time I began to slip into the gloom, I replayed the song in my head and played scenes from my life that fit the words. I AM BLESSED - I get to hear the laughter of my children each day, I have a husband who loves me, and oh so many more people and things to count as blessings too; and I do thank God each day for what I have, I AM BLESSED!

I am blessed and I hope you are too. Next time you feel down, remember this song and play the scenes from your life that fit, and I hope it helps you to rise above and have a better day like it did for me. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED!



6 comments:

Heidi Zawisza said...

We ARE all blessed aren't we? It's amazing how perspective can change our mood for the day. BUT, having said that, I think we all experience those kinds of days. I am glad you were able to get through it!
Thank you for your sweet encouragement about Ava. I enjoy reading EVERY thing you write to me!! Have a great day tomorrow!

Aubs said...

Don't you just love moments when you have those realizations?? I too am so very blessed and i'm glad to hear your day was brighter today! I have those unexplainable bad days all too often and i will have to keep that song in mind!

Melissa Stover said...

it doesn't take much to put me in a bad mood either (especially these days). glad you got the perpective you needed.

Lindsay-ann said...

What a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing it. Next time I am having a bad day I will come back to your blog and listen to it again. Glad it helped your day improve.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful song - thanks for sharing. Hope you're feeling much better today. Have you taken your Evening Primrose Oil?!!! I sound like my Mum!!! But, it so works. Blessings to you!

Leigh Ann said...

I love that song and I love Martina. You are right, most of her songs have some sort of story and meaning behind them that makes me love her music that much more. It's easy sometimes to lose perspective on how blessed we all are. I thank you for the reminder today. I had a similar day and reminder not too long ago. Maybe some sunshine would do us all some good! :)