Sunday, August 10, 2008

Till Next Time

Well, it is over till next time - my 20 year reunion that is. I had the best time, it was everything I had hoped it would be (I just wished more could have attended.) We had 11 of 27 classmates attend, and had a great day of sharing memories. We also had 2 of our former teachers attend - our 4th grade teacher and one of our high school teachers - it was so neat to see them and remember some times we had with them.


Here is a picture of me, Chickadee and Scrappermom from our senior trip and then one of us from the reunion (along with one of our friends who does not blog yet, but does read our blogs).


J, Scrappermom, Chickadee, me

Me, Chickadee, cmbbyrd, Scrappermom

Next is a picture of me and Chickadee from our senior trip - as you can see from the picture above and this one we had a blast on our senior trip, we went to Disney World!

me & Chickadee


And below - me and Chickadee now!





So, a good time was had by all at our 20 year class reunion. I am happy we all came as our current selves, no one tried to put on a show, out do each other, or any of that silly stuff, we all just had a great time sharing with each other what we have been up to for the last 20 years and also sharing memories of our days together at our school.

One final picture - all of the classmates who attended.

11 of the 27 classmates of the class of 88!

Of course we all drug family along with us. We had children ranging in age from 2 years old to 15 years old. All of the children were excellent, some of the most beautiful and well behaved children in the world!!! For such a wide range of ages, and a long time together, we did not have any "melt downs", no "boo boos" while playing on the playground, and really no arguments whatsoever! (Go here to see a picture of most of the kiddos in attendance.)

So, when it is time for your reunion (whatever # it may be), I hope you will attend and have as much fun as I did w/my former classmates!

**one final side note - I finally have a working scanner again, and I plan to do a "then & now" post soon. I have promised several blogger friends that I would post some pictures from my past to show those crazy hair dos, clothes, etc... In the meantime, please go here to get a preview of what to expect, and I promise I had some of the same hair and clothes, so get ready!


7 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

ewww, that pic on the carousel is awful!!! The good thing about me being the one posting pics is I can pick out the ones of "my best side" ha, ha.

That is a really good pic of you and Mel. I would like copies of your pictures, pretty please.

Hey, do you have any from our 5 year?

Scrapper Mom said...

Bad pic of me (not you guys, is what I meant) oh, and my baby boy is almost 18!!! Did you forget? oh yeah, he didn't stay long huh? Wouldn't want to keep the girlfriend waiting.

Melissa Stover said...

i think we look so much better now. especially our hair!

Aubs said...

How fun!! I'm coming up on my 10yr reunion and i am sooooo looking forward to it!! Glad you had a great time and i love the pics!!

hsmomma said...

So great that you are all still friends after all these years! Glad you had a great time....

Heidi Zawisza said...

I should have figured out that you and Terri were good friends!! Ya'll are both SOOOOOOO sweet! Love the pics!!

Leigh Ann said...

Yay! It IS a small world because I think I have actually made it to Scapper Mom and Chickadee's blog a time or two (I guess from other blogs)! My 20 year reunioun is coming up in a couple of years and I'm really looking forward to it. Isn't it great to go back and look at some of those old photos. I can't wait to see your then and now post. At some point, I did a "Hairumentary" post. I think we all had the same hair. Ha! Glad you had a good time with your friends and the pics were great!