Saturday, August 30, 2008

ONE LAST POOL FLING

The end is near - the end of summer that is! We decided to spend the afternoon at the pool for one last swim of the season. We also let Trav invite some of his buddies over as a little mini late birthday party. My neice also came over to swim too so Flicka wouldn't be the only girl. All of the kids had a great time. We had pizza and cake. Of course we listend to the RAZORBACK game - GO HOGS - we won the first game and hopefully will have many more wins this year!!! GO HOGS!!! (did I mention, I love RAZORBACK football!)

Here are a few of the pics from the day. Our last goodbye to summer!


Trav & his buddies! A rowdy bunch!


My girls - Flicka & my neice - she's 14 & they are good friends!

Blowin' out the candles - wishin' hard.


My 2 girls again - cousins!

I tried to get more pics of the boys, but it is almost impossible to get those boys to be still long enought and with all of the water flying up by the pool I didn't want to risk staying up there too long w/my camera.

A few things about summer I will miss: the beautiful blue of the pool water, the smell of the sunscreen, the shrieks of joy from the kids at the pool, the warmth (we will not lose that completely for a while though), the beach towels draped over the deck - each one showing the personality of the owner. Just a few of the things I will miss till next summer.

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND to everyone! I hope everyone enjoys one last summer fling!

5 comments:

Heidi Zawisza said...

ooooooohhhhhhh, I HATE goodbyes!! Especially to summer! BOOOOOOO!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Great pictures! I'll miss summer, too. Whaaaa! I'm so happy the Hogs WON! Yeah!

Lindsay-ann said...

I love your pool. Your kids look to be having a wonderful time. It must be great to live somewhere so warm you can have a pool and actually use it. It's always cold and raining in England!

Anonymous said...

With a cheeky grin on my face I say, your loss is our gain!!! Bring on Summer on our side of the world. Yeah! We don't have a pool in our yard, but we bring out the hose and play fountains (!!!) and we get to the beach often. Lots of fun was being had in your pool... tell me you weren't just taking pics...

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Happy Labor Day! It's hard to believe it's already September. It goes by way too fast!