Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Family - part 2 - the husband

I contemplated for a while as to who I should introduce next, my husband or kids?.... I decided I should introduce my husband as without him there would be no kids to introduce. I have decided that Hunter will be his blog name, and I as I tell you about him you will understand why.

I think I should start w/our story. I first met Hunter when I was 16. He was a friend of my sister's from college, and would stop to visit with my sister or parents on occasion when he was in our area. He is 6 years older, and at the time I just thought he was on old (and I mean old as in age) college friend of my sister's that got in my way when he came by - I definitely had no thoughts we would ever date. Fast forward 6 years - he came back to Arkansas (I'll explain where he had been later) for my sister's June wedding. We talked some at the wedding and my sister's best friend suggested to me that we should get together - as in date. I still didn't think much about it. He then went away again. Then in Sept. he came home for his brother's wedding and invited my sister, brother-in-law, and me to the reception. We went, I went out w/him and a group to a local club. We had our first official date a week later on my 22nd birthday the rest is history as they say - we dated for 2 years, and then got married. We have been married for 14 1/2 years!

The name - I chose the name Hunter because he loves to hunt (fish, camp, really anything outdoors.) Outdoors is very important to him. During college he spent his summers in Georgia on the Chatooga river as a whitewater raft guide, after college he chose to continue the raft guiding in the summers, and worked for a friend of his in Atlanta in the winters. He loved it and does miss it. I'll share more of his adventures as we go.

He is a great dad and husband. He is very laid back and easy going which is a good balance for me since I can be a little high strung at times.

He keeps calm and balanced! It hasn't always been rosy, we have had ups and downs, but we are still going strong and are still in love!

4 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

Your blogging!! Did it rub off on you? hee hee. Thanks for all the comments you have made on my blog. I hope you have enjoyed reading and I haven't bored you to tears!! I will return the favor to you! Did you read my "twenty years" post? I Can't Wait! You look the same. Were you at a wedding or something in this picture?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It was good to read up on your previous posts. We're the same age, you and I, but I'm still in toddler mode with my little guy and I'm a bit of a homebody with my kiddlywinks (I like to be in a reasonable routine with them). So, I love that I can get "out and about", all over the world really (!!!) and meet people. So nice to meet you.

Melissa Stover said...

there's so much i have forgotten. i didn't even realize how you met him.

Aubs said...

How fun to get to know your family this way!! Your husband sounds like a mighty fine man!! Looking forward to reading about your kiddos now!