Thursday, July 3, 2008

THE KIDS - the boy

Now here comes the hard part introducing the kids. I wanted to do it in two separate posts, but there are risks involved with that - if they find out, whichever one I do first will rub it in to the other and someone will come out mad. However, I do believe they deserve their own post, so I am flipping a coin to make the decision. My son will be first this time.


I have decided his name will be Camo. Yes, he is definitely following in his daddy's footsteps, and loves all things outdoors (yeah, no video junkies at my house.) He especially loves to hunt (deer, duck, squirrel, etc..) and fish.
Camo is 10 (will be 11 in August). He is laid back (like his dad) and he is funny. He keeps us laughing alot. Everyone he meets falls for him immediately - he is a definite charmer. He is also very sweet and loving, he will still cuddle w/me and still calls me mommy sometimes (that is the best!) Camo also is very kind to others and is very compassionate.

Baseball is his life in the spring and summer - he loves to play and has played since he was 3 (yes they had a t-ball team for 3 year olds). The last several seasons he has been catcher. This was really scary for me at first because he got hit so many times, but he always shakes it off and seems to be fine; he loves it and that is his favorite position so I am fine with it. I absolutely hate to miss any of his games, and don't if I can help it. I love to watch him play!

As I said before he also loves to hunt and fish, of course right now w/summer time here fishing is his favorite past time and he and his dad go when they can. There is a little lake in our town just a mile or 2 from our house at a park, and they can go over and fish in the afternoons - they love it! He is a boy scout and loves the camping and meetings involved with it; and I know he will achieve the Eagle Scout rank some day.

The picture was taken the day of his 5th grade graduation. He will go to middle school in the fall. (BTW - he has always been an honor student) He got braces this summer and that really made him look like less of a kid and more like a preteen boy - everyday he seems to act and look a little older; time flies!
I feel like I have made this post a little too long, but wanted to make sure you had some background on Camo. I can assure you, I will have many more posts about him to come; he is so adventuresome and loves life that there is always a new story (some funny, some of not so good things he might pull, after all he is 100% boy!) I have to share w/someone.

3 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

"Camo" has really grown up since I saw him last. Quite handsome.

Will you shoot me a private email re some reunion stuff?

Anonymous said...

Was your heart pumping harder while you wrote that post??? Nothing sweeter than a Mother's love and devotion, and nothing more powerful! He's gorgeous!

Aubs said...

How fun! I am going to enjoy your stories about having a pre teen boy!! I will be there too in a few years....i'm sure i can learn a thing or two from you!!