Sunday, July 6, 2008

HOMESICK!

Is it possible to be homesick when you are still at home???

You may think that is a strange question to ask, but for me right now, I am at home, but a little homesick. What does that crazy girl mean, you are probably asking yourself. Well, we are now into July and summer is too close to over, and my kids are still away from home. I'm not homesick for my house, but for my home the way it should be - with Flicka and Camo at home with Hunter and me.

I have enjoyed the break and the alone time with Hunter. Hunter and I definitely needed the time together, we have so enjoyed the conversations without interruptions, the life without much of a schedule, the few dinner dates we had, etc.... But now, I think it is time for my home to return to normal.

Flicka and Camo have been gone for almost the entire summer. They were home the first week school was out and then both left for camp - Flicka for 2 weeks and Camo for one. Camo returned from camp and went straight to the grandparents in the country. Flicka came home and then switched places with Camo at the grandparents. Camo was then home for only 2 nights and left to go camping with the other grandparents. These brief moments with the children have been nice, but I am ready to see them daily again.

I love that they enjoy spending time with their grandparents and do not get homesick for me when they are away, I love that they are independent and happy, but I do miss them when they are away.

So, even though I am at my own home, I am still a little homesick. They will both return home on Thursday, and I am looking forward to a restful sleep in my home as it should be - all the family under the same roof!

10 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

OMG. As crazy as my kids make me, there is no way I could go that long without seeing them. I am praying that Big Dan will choose a college close to home and commute next year. I am defintely getting the "empty nest" syndrome even though I still have Little Ann.

Melissa Stover said...

i feel the same way. everyone under the same roof at night or else i am antsy.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the homecoming!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh that would be so hard to have them gone that long. how fun it will be to have them back I bet.

Loved your comments on my blog. i'm with you Jesse is coming around, but oh I'm still in so much shock!

About Nancy said...

They say wherever you lay your hat is home. I agree with you, wherever your family is (all of them) that is home. Hope your family is together soon.
Nancy

hsmomma said...

I know what you mean--I always say I like to have all of my chicks in one nest! They drive me crazy sometimes (ok, most of the time...) but about two nights without them and I am getting antsy. On the rare occasion that my husband and I go away without them, the first day is a relief, the second I am missing them a little and by the third day--take me home to my kids!!!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Hi! The past few blogs I have read, you have had a comment on them....and I agree totally with your comments about the bachelor! So I thought I would introduce myself and just say Hi! So, Hi my name is Heidi....glad to met you here! ha!lol!

Aubs said...

I have to agree that it would be hard to be away from them for that long! My husband and i laugh cause even when ours spend the night at a friends so we can go out we come home to an empty house and end up talking about how much we miss them! They are a handfull but life is so much richer with them in it! Enjoy your home getting back to normal!!

cmbbyrd said...

Hey! I just found your
blog from scrapper mom's blog.
Boy - all my old (meaning former)
high school friends are blogging
now. I would if I had anything to blog about!

tondays said...

cmbbyrd - i am going to assume that you mean previous when you say former & not former as in no longer!!!! of course you can blog too!!!!