Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Kids - the girl

I had several ideas for a post today, but decided I couldn't wait any longer to introduce you to my daughter. A new bloggy friend commented (thank you!) on my previous post about a mother's love, and I must admit, my heart was swelling and pumping as I wrote that post, and I know it will with this one also; and that is why I couldn't wait to tell you about my daughter!

I have so many things I could tell you about my daughter, but will try to keep it down to the basics and elaborate more in the future.


Flicka, is what I have decided to let you come to know her by. I chose this because she loves horses and is somewhat of a free-spirit much like Flicka the horse in the movie (and book). Also, every time I hear that name I think of the Tim McGraw song from the movie - "My Little Girl". Every time I hear that song, I tear up and think of my little girl (who is not so little anymore, but will always be to me.)


Flicka is 13, she will be in the 8th grade when school starts again. She is very much a teenager, eye rolls and all! She loves her cell phone and her computer. Doesn't talk on the phone like we did at that age, but instead she texts and IMs (instant message). She knows I have very strict rules for the computer and phone and always asks before visiting any new websites (we can't be too careful anymore.)

As much as Camo is like his dad, she is like me. She can be very high strung and stubborn, and she is very opinionated (some times this is a good thing, because she is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, but she still needs to learn a little control with it).


She loves school and is a very good student; math is her favorite (did not get that from me or her dad!). She also loves girl scouts, and has already received 2 of the highest awards a GS can receive (bronze and silver). She just spent 2 weeks at girl scout camp - one of the camps where they ride and do all things w/horses. She did very well and will get to go to the next level next year (will get to do some overnight trail rides); she is very excited about that.

She also, loves taking pictures. Flicka is a very good photographer - she sees things that you wouldn't think would make a good photo, but she will snap a pic of it and it turns out amazing! Very creative and thoughtful w/snapping pics! I will share some of them in the future (with her permission of course.)

Yes, Flicka does have some of her dad too, she does like to hunt with him on occasion, but not as much as when she was younger. She is a daddy's girl though.

I will keep you all updated with new posts of our journeys through the teenage years - I'm sure it will be an adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has a natural beauty, your girl - very sweet 'country' looking. She has that look that says "horses are my thing"!!! Your children sound as though they have had a fantastic school break. My 7 year old loves holidays away - has never had any trouble spending time at Aunty's or his Grandparent's. And I love providing him with holidays where he has experienced different things to do and had time away from home - a real break from the norm. But, yes, it is THE BEST feeling to have them back under your wing...

Aubs said...

She is gorgeous and sounds alot like me when i was a teenager! How fun to have a teenage daughter..hopefull we will try again for a girl! I love my boys but it sure would be fun to add a girl to the mix!!