Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mom Can Be Cool - WEIRD!!

Quick updates - **Flicka came home today - YEAH!!!!!! Camo, came home too, but then he and Hunter left to go fishing for the night, so one more night and then everyone will be under the same roof again!!! **Car not fixed completely yet, but it is drivable for short distances. (thanks for letting me UGH about it yesterday!)
Now on to the topic of the day.
As I said Flicka is home, it is wonderful. It has just been the 2 of us at home this evening so we have had some time to talk and catch up. While she was at the grandparents she got to spend some time w/one of her cousins who lives there that is her age. They exchanged several ring tones for their cell phones. A couple are of some more popular tunes that are out now. Needless to say, Flicka was quite shocked that I knew some of these songs.
Let me explain a little - I do generally listen to country music, or a station that plays 80's music, but I do venture out from time to time and listen to current tunes as well (of course it depends on the artist and music, some of it actually does make my ears hurt and gives me a headache, but, I did not admit this to her!)
So, anyway, when she played these tunes for me and I sang along, she was very, well, I guess the word would be flabbergasted! I was very amused at her reaction. She informed me that it was just weird that I liked music that she and her friends also liked. (I could tell that she really thought it was cool though.)
What fun to surprise our children and keep them guessing as to what we really know and are up to date on! So, I will accept the fact that I am a little weird to my daughter right now, and make an attempt to stay up to date with things to keep her guessing! Oh, what fun life with a teenage daughter is going to be!!!!!

2 comments:

Aubs said...

How fun! I would of loved to see her reaction...i can remember being that teenage daughter and thinking it was "weird" when my parents actually were up to date on "coolness"!! haha Enjoy your time with her!

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous!!! My 7 year old son is also astonished when I sing along to songs he considers cool. Sadly, my 2 year old is at the stage where HE is the only one who should be able to sing!!!